D.L, Lee & Sons, Inc., was founded by Mr. D.L. “Dave” Lee in the early 1930’s as a local meat processing plant serving farmers and the local public with quality beef and pork products. Mr. “Dave” served his community well. Mr. “Dave” built a solid reputation for high quality products and dependable service. Those fundamental principles have successfully guided D.L. Lee and Sons, for more than seventy years.
Mr. Lee’s two sons, Gerald and Cecil entered the family business after their return from overseas military service in World War II. The sons learned the business well and continued its successful growth after “Dave’s” death in 1952.
Another generation entered the business in the early 1970’s. Jerry, Gerald’s son as well as John and David, Cecil’s two sons finished college and returned to take active roles in managing the company. David and Jerry continue to lead the company today.
In 1992, the company’s original facilities were destroyed by fire. A new, state of the art, 120,000 square foot operation was constructed employing more than 250 people. The decision was reached to discontinue slaughter operations and specialize in the manufacture of value added pork, beef and chicken products.